Sunday, May 22, 2011

BCA Custom Corner #7 - Razor's Edge, Part Three

The trilogy is complete tonight for my series of posts dedicated to the exceptional work by the customizers of The Razor's Edge Custom Wrestling Figures website.

As I've mentioned before in Part One and Part Two, I came across a link to the old site while browsing the Internet Archive (one of the few redeeming methods of researching the BCA line, along with Google Groups).

The following embedded slideshow contains images of Extreme Championship Wrestling figure customs, as well as one Hayabusa from FMW and Stevie Richards from the Indies, all made by the Razor's Edge crew.



Here we see some of the mainstays of ECW in the late 1990s, as well as undeniable effort and attention to detail for characters like Raven, RVD, and The Sandman.

You also have to admire the smooth paint job for Super Nova and head choices for the Impact Players (Credible and Storm).

It's good to see another variation of Stevie Richards, and how appropriate to use a Shawn Michaels head considering his influence on a young Stevie.

My personal favorite would be The Sandman, followed by Raven, but I could see myself adding any one of these figures to my collection.

Don't get me wrong, I love the OSFTM ECW line and think it's criminally underrated, but the prospects of ECW wrestlers in the BCA line (and maybe there might have been, who knows) is too good to pass up.

So, which is your favorite? Have you ever attempted an ECW custom using BCA figures?

If you've ever stumbled on the Collection tab of this blog, you would have seen my Mikey Whipwreck custom (of a 2 Tuff Series 4 Billy Gunn figure) made when I was a kid.

And that's why I feel compelled to acknowledge the great ones out there, because customizing ain't easy.

That, or I just suck.

Until next time, thanks for looking and have a nice day!

- Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment