Sunday, February 21, 2010

Legends, Slammers Series 1 get Raw in March 1998

Lately, I've been watching WWF RAW IS WAR episodes from 1998 thanks to Watch X Online and, of course, the premium account I have ongoing with Megavideo (for another two months, at least).

It is, without a doubt, a blast from the past and enjoyable to look back on the birth of the Attitude era, but I'm always on the lookout for sightings of my beloved BCA era. Ulterior motives, if you will, but I mean well...

Anyway, I have spotted two television ads from March of 1998 which I believe are worth taking a look back on.

Exhibit A: Jakks Pacific's Legends Series 1 figures, or what I like to call an Unmatched Fury/Classic Superstars hybrid line circa 1998.

Skip to 20:31 (ends 20:50) to watch the ad from the March 9, 1998 edition of RAW.

WWF RAW IS WAR March 9 1998

Exhibit B: Jakks Pacific's Slammers Series 1 figures, or what I'll refer to as the Flex Force line of their day.

Skip to 22:18 (ends 22:36) to watch the ad, featuring Mankind, from the March 30, 1998 edition of RAW.

WWF RAW IS WAR March 30 1998 (Night after Wrestlemania 14)

Poor Doctor Octopus Mankind.

No comments:

Post a Comment