Sunday, March 14, 2010

A look back at BCA in print...WWF Magazine, that is...

I must have misplaced my rose-colored glasses (and, no, I don't mean the old HBK shades), as a recent purchase of mine reminded me of how dated the old WWF magazines read today.

I bought 34 issues of WWF Magazine ranging from January 1997 to December 1999 on eBay a few weeks ago, and I wasn't quite satisfied with what I received.

It wasn't just the content of the stories, but rather the scribbled on notes and loose/missing pages that irked me. However, there was something good that came out of my troubles - I spotted a few good Jakks Pacific advertisements that I've decided to scan for all to see.

Click on each image for a larger view.

First, check out this full-page ad on page 16 of the December 1997 (also, January & February 1998) issue of WWF Magazine with all of Superstars Series 5 (and Steve Austin ready for his close-up).


Next, who's ready for some S.T.O.M.P. Series 2?

No one?

You couldn't care less?

Well then, you'll take it and like it (courtesy of the July 1998 issue, pages 62-63)...




And, since I know you can't get enough of this wonderfully-accurate series depicting everyone's favorite WWF wrestlers from that one time they all went deep-sea diving together, here's another ad from the September 1998 (October 1998, as well) issue, pages 12-13.




Sure they are.

Anyway, here's one final BCA figure ad on page 14 of the February 1999 issue mentioning the double bagged exclusive Vince McMahon and Stone Cold Steve Austin figures with purchase of Royal Rumble 1999 on PPV.


As for non-BCA figures, here are a few good scans of Legends Series 1 (April 1998, page 37), Maximum Sweat Series 1 (October 1999, page 27), and the Internet-Active Stone Cold Steve Austin (November 1999, page 41).






I hope you enjoyed the look back.

Now, I needs to find me one of those talking C watches.

No comments:

Post a Comment