Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Terry L. Lattimer, Where Are You?

Dear Terry,

You don't know who I am, but I am familiar with your name and all that it represents in the action figure community.

To us wrestling figure collectors, you are a visionary and the man who started it all for Jakks Pacific's Bone Crunching Action figure line.

Though you have gone on to bigger and better things since those days, many people, including myself, are still very much appreciative of your work.

There would be no Bone Crunching Action without you.

Hell, there would be no Vintage Jakks BCA blog without you.

According to your iFreelance page, you "developed the skinned joints and ratcheted sound plus did all the sculpts for (Superstars) Series One, Two and part of Three."

Without even having to go into detail about your work with the Maximum Attitude (pre-Maximum Sweat) and Titan Tron Live (TTL) figure lines, I feel it's warranted to commend you on everything that you made possible with the early Superstars Series figures.

I hope that one day I might be able to contact you to ask about your experiences as a toy designer, artist and sculptor for Jakks Pacific from 1996 to 2001.

I can only imagine what the workload must have been like, but you and your team certainly did a fantastic job in the short amount of time.

Maybe you will come across this blog post and maybe not, but I figured that it was worth the chance to reach out to whereever you are.

Thanks for all of the great memories you provided for me with the 40 Jakks Pacific figure lines you designed and sculpted, but none more than special than the one that inspired this blog.

You can reach me at my e-mail or on the WrestlingFigs.com forums, but for now I'll leave you and all of my readers with a few examples from your incredible portfolio.













Until next time, thanks for looking and have a nice day!

Sincerely,

Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment