Thursday, April 1, 2010

Series 5 is Buried Alive in Cast Resin!

I recently showed you a magazine scan I found from White's Guide with reduced pictures of a few of Jakks' earlier boxed sets, but I have with me now a much larger image of one of those sets and it is none other than Buried Alive.
Unfortunately, and I say this because it hurts me just as much as it does you, I was unable to retrieve larger images of King of the Iron Rungs or the Championship Title Series #1 sets.

However, I do have one for Superstars Series 5.

As I'm sure you're well aware, Rocky did not come with those arms shown on the prototype, but international collector/WF member STOMWIJF lays claim to this rare figure (actually painted cast resin) in his enormous wrestling memorabilia collection.

Now, compare it to the actual release of Maivia's debut figure.


If you have any stored photos of Jakks BCA prototypes or of anything that you think might be relevant to a future post, please feel free to send them to me at tmac152303@yahoo.com and I'll share them for everyone to see.

Check back each day this month to see which figures will be involved in the first ever VJB Royal Rumble!

Hint: We'll be partying like it's 1996.

No comments:

Post a Comment