Thursday, May 6, 2010

BCA Custom Corner #3 - Hogan/Perfect/Rockers...unite!

For the third installment of BCA Custom Corner, I present to you an eBay lot of four late 80s-early 90s customs that are placed upon WrestleMania XV (1999) carding.

Unfortunately, I was unable to obtain these at the time of the listing, but the image is worth saving to document the excellent work of an anonymous seller.

Hulk Hogan is my personal favorite of the bunch because of how the Superstars Series 3 Sycho Sid head was modified to match Hogan's, err, receding hairline.

Mr. Perfect puts the 2 Tuff Series 5 Billy Gunn head to use without much change needed, but the parts and paintjob for the classic blue singlet were the right way to go, in my opinion.

Not to be cast aside, The Rockers clearly involved the most work due to the many fine details included in their attire, which I think may be based on this photo. Either way, I like seeing the crossover of Hasbro Rockers heads to the BCA line.

While I may not have went with that pasty of a skintone, I also realize that the camera's flash may have had some effect on how the figures look in the single photo.

So, which is your favorite of the bunch? Also, would you have made any changes to the attire or parts selected for the customs?

Don't forget, e-mail me at tmac152303@yahoo.com if you would like your BCA customs, past or present, to be shown in a future edition of BCA Custom Corner!

Until next time, have a nice day!

- Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment