Thursday, November 19, 2009

Cornette speaks on Jakks BCA, possible NWA figure

Jim Cornette is not a fan of his one and only Jakks Pacific figure from the BCA line (Ringside Collection Series 2, to be precise).

He says so himself on the Nov. 16 edition of Cornette's Commentary for the Who's Slamming Who podcast:

"Uh, well, absolutely because I, I want to avenge my previous and former WWE [figure], they say action figure now instead of doll, because they made me as big [as Paul Bearer]," Cornette said.

"Paul Bearer's figure was not as big as mine. That's why I'm just saying it was, it was, uh, enhanced. I wasn't that big then.

I may be that big now, but I wasn't that big then. So, I want one of those action figure bodies like everybody else gets."

Cornette might get his chance at a more svelte figure now that Jakks Pacific has the rights to produce NWA Legends for the next five years.

It hasn't been that easy to produce a Jim Cornette figure the past five years, as Jakks has been unable to make one for the Classic Superstars line due to his affiliation with rival companies of the WWE.

But, Cornette isn't one to complain (for once) -- he's still getting paid:

"I have no idea, I've had a contract with these people for the last five years. But, when I was in TNA, they couldn't do me because the WWE had to approve their stuff because of the lawsuit and, now, they do TNA and I'm in ROH," Cornette said.

"You know they sent me a contract and a check every, uh, every January, I believe, or whatever and, uh, never make any dolls of me. So, I've taken their money apparently under false pretenses.

Either that or they just forgot about me."

When asked if his lone WWF figure rests next to his Slammy plaque, Cornette said he believes it's actually holding the door open on the other side of the room.

Well, at least that expanded waistline is being put to good use.

- Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment